沖破鐵幕(Torn Curtain) 第01期

發表時間:2017-04-20內容來源:VOA英語學習網

還供暖嗎 Are they ever going to get the heating fixed?

他們正在搶修教授 They are working at it, Professor.

你們科學家也許能提供點幫助 Perhaps some of you scientists would like to give us a helping hand.

午餐吃什么 What are we going to do about lunch?

我們還沒吃早餐呢 We haven't had breakfast yet. Oh.

我們下樓去吃早餐當作午餐好了 We'll call this lunch and go upstairs for breakfast.

你作為科學家邁克爾我得說你有不科學的念頭 Against all the evidence, Michael, I'd say you had a very unscientific mind.

我不是科學家我是老師 I'm not a scientist, I'm a teacher.

你是科學家 You're a scientist,

你應該對所有事物的自然順序都表現出尊重 and you're supposed to respect a natural order in all things.

早餐在午飯前哎喲 Breakfast comes before lunch... Ow!

嗯并且蜜月旅行前要先結婚 Mmm. And marriage should come before a honeymoon cruise.

你上錯船了 You're on the wrong boat.

邁克爾 Michael!

好了行了這是一個很重要的物理學年會 Now, stop. This is supposed to be a serious congress of physicists.

告訴我謝爾曼小姐在反氘核中你扮演什么角色 Tell me, Miss Sherman, what is your position on antideuterons?

好聽著你要在七月的婚禮中扮演什么角色 Now, listen here. What's your position on a July wedding?

噢七月八月九月還是十月 Oh, July, August, September or October.

別讓我催你 Don't let me hurry you.

我只是不想成為學校里唯一一個和別人同居的女人 I just don't want to be the only common-law wife on campus.

-忘了學校吧-哦你不再思考了嗎 - Forget the campus.- Oh, will you stop brooding?

-我當然在思考-好我希望你能教那個課程 - I like to brood.- Look, I wish you'd get that teaching job in perspective.

-我知道那不是你想要的但是說實話-哦不 - I know it's not what you want, but honestly...- Oh, no!

我非常尊重這是唯一的區別 I'm greatly honored. It's a unique distinction.

-夠了你不停下嗎-不的確 - Enough. Will you stop it?- No, it's true.

這是美國科學史上唯一的職位 It's an unparalleled appointment in the history of American science.

-別說了-科學家大都從教書開始在華盛頓終結 - Stop it.- Most scientists just start out teaching, end up in Washington.

但是阿姆斯特朗卻不一樣 But Wrong-Way Armstrong...

他在華盛頓開始以教書結束 starts in Washington and he ends up teaching.

-不記得我們的約定嗎-什么 - No, our agreement, remember?- What?

你不說華盛頓 You weren't going to blast off about Washington,

我不會再問你 and I wasn't gonna ask you again...

為什么你不希望帶我來 why you didn't want me to come on this trip.

-好嗎-好 - Okay?- Yeah.

-阿姆斯特朗教授-等一下 - Professor Armstrong?- Just a minute.

-什么事-電報先生 - Yes?- A radiogram, sir.

-對不起這不是給我的-但是先生請勞駕 - I'm sorry. This isn't for me.- But, sir. If you please...

不對不起肯定是弄錯了 No, I'm sorry. It must be a mistake.

你身上好冷 You're freezing.

那么我們早午餐吃點什么 Well, what shall we have for breakfast-lunch or lunch-breakfast?

讓我想想麥片和湯 Let's see, uh, corn flakes and soup...

-哈羅邁克爾很高興你們又供暖了-我就說 - Hello, Michael. Glad that heat's on again.- I'll say.

晚上好我是邁克爾·阿姆斯特朗早些時候有我一個電報 Good evening. I'm Michael Armstrong. A radiogram arrived earlier for me.

-我能再看一看嗎-好的先生請稍等 - May I have another look at it, please?- Yes, sir. One moment.

-哈羅-哦教授你看見謝爾曼小姐了嗎 - Hello.- Oh, Professor. Did you perhaps see Miss Sherman?

我們之前約好了一起吃午餐可能她忘記了 I was supposed to have with her a luncheon date. Maybe she had forgotten.

-她著涼了在床上躺著-著涼了啊太不幸了 - I believe she had a cold. Stayed in bed.- A cold? Aw, that's too bad.

-給你先生-哦謝謝 - Here you are, sir.- Oh, thank you.

我想她現在已經起來了為什么不去長椅那邊看看呢 Well, I think she's up by now. Why don't you look in the lounge.

好 Good.

嗯今早我沒醒現在我想回個電報 Well, uh, I couldn't have been awake this morning. I'd like to send an answer.

-請講先生-謝謝 - Please, sir.- Thank you.

親愛的我們房間挨在一起了 Darling, we've got connecting rooms.

那就是斯堪的納維亞人的效率 That's Scandinavian efficiency.

我幫你把行李打開 Shall I unpack for you?

我自己來吧 I'd rather do it myself.

好 Okay.

哈羅 Hello?

不現在他恐怕很忙 No, I'm afraid he's busy right now.

我是謝爾曼小姐他的助手請講 This is Miss Sherman, his assistant, speaking.

有什么可以轉達的 May I take a message?

哦請等一下邁克爾書店找你 Oh, just one moment, please. Michael, it's some bookshop for you.

告訴他們我很快就去 Tell them I'll be there in a minute.

他馬上到哈羅 He'll be right here. Hello?

不接線員我在和對方說話 No, Operator. I was talking on this line.

來自:VOA英語網 文章地址: http://www.voapld.tw/html/201704/Torn-Curtain-1.html

江苏十一选五预测号码